Our January charity – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
The Cambridge Churches Homeless Project (CCHP) is a collection of churches and a synagogue that work together to offer practical care and support to people who would otherwise be sleeping rough in our city each winter.
CCHP will not be running as a night shelter this winter, due to the pandemic and the consequent decision of the Government to fund room-only accommodation for rough sleepers. The City Council are, however, unable to offer accommodation to rough sleepers with no access to public funds. CCHP has decided to support particularly vulnerable rough sleepers in this position, paying for bed and breakfast accommodation in a local guest house.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project – donate now!
- February – Food Bank Fuel Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support
- May – The Diocese of Gombe
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33
- September – Christian Aid
- October – The Diocese of Gombe
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- December – Embrace the Middle East
Please note that donations are still open for our December charity – Practical Action – if you wish to contribute.