Our September charity – Friends of the Holy Land
Friends of the Holy Land is a charity that encourages Christians to remain in the land of their birth by supporting them to build resilient and self-sufficient communities in what can often be a challenging environment.
Friends of the Holy Land works closely with churches in the UK and in the Holy Land. Their work is apolitical and ecumenical and has the backing and blessing of Anglican and Catholic Bishops in England, Wales, and Scotland.
Their support is characterised by encouraging people to visit the Holy Land, to pray for and meet its local people and to raise funds to help with its key areas of education, employment, housing, family support and health.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of the congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Umoja UK
- February – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- March – Karen Morris Memorial Trust
- April – Christian Blind Mission
- May – The Diocese of Gombe
- June – Dementia Compass
- July – A Rocha
- August – CAMFED – donations still open
- September – Friends of the Holy Land – donate now
- October – The Diocese of Gombe
- November – Scotty’s Little Heroes
- December – Practical Action