Our November charity – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
Scotty’s Little Soldiers is a charity dedicated to supporting bereaved British Forces children and young people. Army widow Nikki Scott set up the charity in 2010 after her husband, Corporal Lee Scott, was killed in action in Afganistan, leaving behind two young children.
The charity is currently providing assistance to hundreds of bereaved Forces children around the UK. Services offered include guidance to parents and carers, access to professional child bereavement support, personal education and learning assistance and fun activities such as holiday respite breaks.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- February – Cambridge City Food Bank Fuel-Help Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support
- May – Gombe Diocese
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33
- September – Christian Aid
- October – Gombe Diocese
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers – donate now!
- December – Embrace the Middle East