Our June charity – Cambridge MAC
Cambridge Money Advice Centre began from the desire of a group of local Christians to show God’s love in a practical way by offering free regulated debt advice. Since opening in 2005 there is no doubt that the need has grown more and more. Their goal is to release people from the hold of debt.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- February – Cambridge City Food Bank Fuel-Help Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support
- May – The Diocese of Gombe – donations still open
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre – donate now!
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33
- September – Christian Aid
- October – The Diocese of Gombe
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- December – Embrace the Middle East