Our April charity – Macmillan Cancer Support
Macmillan offer a ‘one-stop-shop’ providing emotional and practical support throughout a person’s cancer journey. Your donation will go towards care for cancer patients and their families in Cambridgeshire.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- February – Cambridge City Food Bank Fuel-Help Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy – donations still open
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support – donate now!
- May – The Diocese of Gombe
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33
- September – Christian Aid
- October – The Diocese of Gombe
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- December – Embrace the Middle East