Our September charity – Christian Aid
Christian Aid works to relieve poverty and suffering in many countries. The aid and relief is needed more than ever before with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic causing an escalating need for healthcare and for available vaccines.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- February – Cambridge City Food Bank Fuel-Help Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support
- May – The Diocese of Gombe
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33 – donations still open
- September – Christian Aid – donate now!
- October – The Diocese of Gombe
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- December – Embrace the Middle East