Our September charity – Gombe Diocese
Gombe is one of the poorest states in Nigeria. As we want to support those in the world with the least resources, St Mark’s believes that the best wat we can do that is to support the commitment of local partners in the country. Working alongside partners in Gombe Diocese, we have been able to support the purchase of equipment for a hospital, the building of secondary schools and the foundation of a College of Nursing and Midwifery.
About Charity of the Month at St Mark’s
Charity of the Month was created as a way of coming together as a church community to raise money for good causes. The scheme provides ongoing support to certain organisations, and each year members of our congregation are also invited to suggest charities that they would like to promote.
This year’s chosen causes
- January – Cambridge Churches Homeless Project
- February – Cambridge City Food Bank Fuel-Help Scheme
- March – Institute of Family Therapy
- April – Macmillan Cancer Support
- May – Gombe Diocese
- June – Cambridge Money Advice Centre
- July – Umoja UK
- August – Centre 33
- September – Christian Aid – donations still open
- October – Gombe Diocese – donate now!
- November – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- December – Embrace the Middle East